India is # 3 worldwide for usage of Opera Mini, the mobile phone browser from Opera.
Nokia dominates the Indian handset scene – the top ten Opera mini users are Nokia phones.
Google, Orkut and Yahoo are the top e sites visited by Indians.
These are the highlights of the latest Opera State of the Mobile Web Report, which provides information on the top global trends affecting the mobile Web. The full report is available from http://www.opera.com/smw/ . The report highlights global statistics and includes a look at worldwide handset metrics.
The top 10 countries for Opera Mini usage in March 2010 were: Russia, Indonesia, India, China, Ukraine, South Africa, Nigeria, the United States, Vietnam and the United Kingdom.
-In March 2010, Opera Mini had over 55.2 million users, a 9.3% increase from February 2010 and more than 140% compared to March 2009.
-Those 55.2 million people viewed more than 25.8 billion pages in March 2010. Since February, page views have gone up 17.4%. Since March 2009, page views have increased 200%.
iPhone impact preview
-The Apple iPhone is currently the #3 device used by Opera Mini users worldwide. All the other top 20 devices are Nokia and Sony Ericsson handsets.
-The Apple iPhone is currently the #1 device used by Opera Mini users in the United States, well ahead of BlackBerry (which previously occupied the top spot).
- Page-view growth since March 2009: 260.3%
- Unique-user growth since March 2009: 260.6%
- Page views per user: 359
- Data transferred per user (MB): 7
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 20
Top 10 sites in India (unique users)
4. youtube.com (up from 5)
5. facebook.com (down from 4)
8. zedge.net (up from 9)
9. wap.in (down from 8)
10. my.opera.com (back on the list)
Top handsets for March 2010
1. Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
2. Nokia 2700c
3. Nokia N70
4. Nokia 3110c
5. Nokia 6300
6. Nokia N73
7. Nokia 7210
8. Nokia N72
9. Nokia 5310 XpressMusic
10. Nokia 6700c
Global handset trends.
- Nokia dominates download and user metrics, while Sony Ericsson users typically browse the Web more actively with their phones; Sony Ericsson phones lead in the page-view-per-user metric.
- The top 10 handsets ranked by page-views-per-user are (in order): Sony Ericsson W900i, Nokia E63, Sanyo SCP-2700, Sony Ericsson K800, Sony Ericsson W302, Samsung SPH-M810, LG LX265, Sony Ericsson W508, Nokia 3500, Nokia E71
Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. April 29 2010