Mumbai, October 17 2021 : Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), India’s no 2, oil marketing company, has announced the launch of “UFill” – an automated fuel filling technology for customers.
The technology provides the customer with control of fueling with the dispensing unit getting automatically pre-set for the value of fuel paid for by him/her in advance and eliminates any manual intervention at the point of sale. Thus, no need to check zero before fueling or final reading, the dispensing unit will automatically dispense the exact quantity of fuel.
The UFill functionality does not need any App download, is payment app agnostic ( i.e. customer can use any payment app already downloaded on his / her phone like GPay, PayTM, PhonePe etc) , offers real time QR and voucher code through SMS and is accepted at all BPCL Fuel Stations where the functionality is enabled. Adding to transparency and convenience, if the amount paid in advance is partially used, the balance amount is immediately refunded to the bank account of the customer. If not used within 48 hours, the money paid in advance is automatically refunded to the bank account from where debited.
The UFill proposition has been launched in 65 cities across India and will soon be launched across the country.
BPCL, recently launched ‘Urja’, an intelligent virtual assistant with AI/NLP (Natural Language Processing) capabilities and trained on more than 600 use cases. Urja, the Chabot is now available on the company website for any queries for both B2B & B2C. The virtual assistant is designed to deliver a seamless self-service experience and enable faster resolution of consumer queries / issues. The following services are being offered through the Virtual Assistant:
- LPG services:
- Booking of LPG Cylinders
- Know price of LPG cylinders & Payment for LPG Cylinders
- Delivery status of booked LPG cylinder & refill history
- Change the LPG Distributor
- Update mobile number
- Request services from BharatGas distributors like mechanic services
- Request Double bottle connection (for single bottle connection customers)
- Emergency & Complaints/Feedbacks
- Fuel services
- Locate nearest fuel station / pump and get directed to the pump
- Get Petrol / Diesel Price
- Get details of UFill Vouchers
- Know about BPCL programme’s and offers including Smartdrive & Smartfleet Loyalty Programme, Fuel Kart Door Delivery etc.
- Smartdrive Loyalty Programme : Check Petromiles and wallet balance, check transaction and recharge history
- Request door delivery of fuel through BPCLs Fuel Kart Programme
- Know about BPCLs products including industrial fuels, solvents, MAK Lubricants.
- Customers can now show interest in BPCLs products and BPCLs field teams can connect with such customers.
- Feedback from Customers across services
- FAQs across all businesses and services of BPCL
You can chat with Urja on WhatsApp: http://bit.ly/3to7i3j or on the BPCL website: http://bit.ly/2AO8K8l
Accenture helps to digitize BPCL platform
Earlier this year BPCL turned to Accenture to digitally transform its sales and distribution network. Accenture used its capabilities in data, artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud technologies to build, design and implement a digital platform, called IRIS.
This platform integrates real-time data from across BPCL’s countrywide network, including more than 18,000 fuel retail outlets, 25,000 tank trucks, 75 oil installations and depots, 52 liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) bottling plants and 250 additional industrial and commercial locations, to provide a consolidated view of its extensive operations.
Driven by analytics based on AI and machine learning technologies, the IRIS platform will subsequently trigger automated alerts and actions, including rapid response to equipment failures or hazardous situations. It will also empower the BPCL workforce of more than 100,000 across the country to make faster and more accurate decisions, including preventative maintenance. This can help increase sales at fuel retail outlets by minimizing infrastructure downtime and ensuring consistent fuel quality, as well as improve the experience for customers.