May 28 2018: KPMG in India in association with NASSCOM, Kalaari Capital and YourStory has launched a report titled – “India Trends 2018: Trends shaping Digital India” which examines the key internet trends that are likely to shape businesses in India in 2018.
Data-driven insights, digital tech and ubiquitous mobile computing is changing the Indian landscape like no other. The report provides insights on the top 10 trends that are yet unfolding in varying degrees. It tries to understand the trends that are shaping India, as seen from the eyes of its new-age entrepreneurs. It highlights significant internet-driven developments that could impact companies operating in the digital space in the coming year
The following are the top 10 trends shaping Digital India according to the report.
- ‘Mobile-first’ consumption for media, gaming and entertainment generating significant avenues for consumer outreach and engagement
- Digital future lies in the Indian language internet users
- Rise of social and content-based commerce
- Ecosystem creation by internet business players to increase monetisation avenues
- Emergence of ‘alternate commerce’
- Emerging sectors - Health-tech, Agri-tech and Ed-tech
- Emergence of Indian brands accelerated through digital platforms
- Robotics pushing boundaries
- Digital payments going mainstream
- Frontier-tech solutions like AI, ML and blockchain likely to gain precedence.
More details and soft copy here