Bangalore, April 19 2016: 'Kris' Gopalakrishnan, co-founder Infosys,has launched itihaasa, a digital app that recounts the history of Indian IT since the 1950s. This is one of the largest chronicles of its kind with 600 videos featuring 44 technology stalwarts including F.C. Kohli, Prof. Rajaraman, Prof. Mahabala, Narayana Murthy, Azim Premji, S. Ramadorai, Nandan Nilekani, N.Vittal. It trace this incredible journey from the installation of the country's first modern computer in 1955 to crystal gazing on Indian IT in 2040.
. 600 short videos, over 37 hours of footage, 350 archived photographs and articles
· Easy browsing with 12000 tags. Users can personalize stories on six dimensions-Time, People, Organization, Policy, Technical Terms and Place
· Find answers to questions like - When was programming first taught in India? How did education in computer science evolve? How did India embark on a journey to manufacture computers and software? Who were the earliest IT entrepreneurs and much more
· Discover the milestones of each decade and how it changed the Indian IT space forever
· Available for free download on iOS and Android phones or tablets
· The history of Indian IT is an ongoing research and will be updated periodically. The platform will explore and publish historical research on other topics in the future
Say Kris: “Indian IT has been integral to the rise of modern industrial India. The Indian IT and BPM industry employs 3.5 million* people, contributes 9.5 percent* of our GDP and has redefined the country's perception globally. From a single modern computer in the early 50s, today the industry generates close to USD 150 billion of revenues. I am fortunate to have been a part of this fascinating journey. With itihaasa, we hope to reach the incredible story of Indian IT to many more people across the world.”