New Delhi, February 18 2016: Hyperlocal grocery delivery services are increasingly popular in India. Amazon joined Last year, AskMe, the online avatar of GetIt Infoservices, acquired India’s fastest growing online grocery marketplace “Best at Lowest” and rebranded it as “Askme Grocery”.
Last year, AskMe, the online avatar of GetIt Infoservices, acquired India’s fastest growing online grocery marketplace “Best at Lowest” and rebranded it as “Askme Grocery”.
Earlier this year Amazon started its own hyperlocal
grocery delivery business, in Bangalore in a market
crowded with names like Grofers, LocalBanya, Zopnow,
Askme Grocery is now a company focused on providing its customers seamless experience when it comes to online grocery shopping in India.
In terms of reach it is the largest grocery player in India. The same was acknowledged by the industry last month when AskMe Grocery won the Hyperlocal Startup of the year award at the 9th Annual Coca Cola Golden Spoon Awards. It is the youngest startup to receive this award.
Some of the highlights of the Askeme grocery operation:
• All products are delivered within 3 to 6 hours of placing an order
• Currently, 5000 transactions per day i.e. 2,00,000 transactions per year
• Operational in 38 cities across 17 States and plans to scale it up to 70 cities by the end ofMarch 2016
• North-East will also be in focus for expansion with plans to target Sikkim & Assam by this year
• Growing at a rate of 50-100% on a month-on-month basis and 40-50% revenue comes from the Delhi & NCR market.
Link to AskMe Android app