Bangalore, April 25 2015: Two Indian companies are among early providers of apps for the Apple Watch launched this week:
- Zoho has launched Zoho Business Apps for Apple Watch, a line of apps that extends Zoho business applications to let users perform select functions from an Apple Watch. The first apps to ship in the Zoho Business Apps for Apple Watch series include Zoho Expense, Zoho Books and Taskz.
- Cleartrip’s app for Apple Watch can be enabled through the Watch app on your iPhone. Opening the Cleartrip app on the Apple Watch will show travellers a concise list of all their upcoming flights.
Zoho Expense apps:
· Zoho Expense – Mileage tracking is an important part of expenses. With the Zoho Expense app for Apple Watch, users can track and record their trip mileage right from their watch. Users simply start and stop a trip with a tap on the Apple Watch, and the mileage is automatically calculated and added as an expense in Zoho Expense.
· Zoho Books – Time tracking is an important part of day-to-day activity for business professionals. With the Zoho Books app for Apple Watch, time spent on a task within a project can be tracked and recorded right from the wrist. Once recorded, an invoice can be sent from Zoho Books app on the web or mobile. Users can also view unpaid invoices and unpaid bills, send reminders to customers for unpaid invoices and set reminders for unpaid bills.
· Taskz – This app provides reminder notifications for tasks created in Zoho Mail. Users will see reminders on the Apple Watch display as well as feel reminders via the Apple Watch's haptic feedback. Pending tasks for the day along with due dates will also be listed.
“Apple Watch gives people yet another unique way to work,” said Raju Vegesna, Zoho chief evangelist. “If you have a few hours of number crunching or heavy research, you'll likely do that on a desktop or laptop. If your task takes just a few minutes – entering expense information, for instance – a smartphone is probably the preferred tool. Now, Apple Watch is the tool for tasks that take a few seconds, like getting task reminders and tracking time or mileage from your wrist.”
Cleartrip for Apple Watch gives contextual, time-sensitive information just when it’s need. The Cleartrip glance shows the next upcoming trip up until 24 hours before departure. And when there’s just 24 hours to the flight’s departure, the glance changes to show the flight number, current flight status and updated departure time.
Cleartrip for Apple Watch also supports notifications, with a choice to be notified on the Apple Watch if a flight is delayed, rescheduled or cancelled by the airline.