Bangalore, November 26, 201: Microsoft has launched the first Lumia smartphone that does not carry the Nokia name. It is the Lumia 535 with the latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system.
It promised five integrated Microsoft experiences, with a wide-angle 5 megapixel front facing camera, and a spacious 5 inch display protected with Gorilla Glass 3. Available starting Nov 28, 2014 at a best price of Rs 9199, the 535 brings many Microsoft services to the Lumia platform:
- Skype video calls and seamless switch between voice and video with built-in Skype integration.
- Pre-installed and free for life Office suite, bringing, the ability to access, edit and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents and OneNote notebooks on the go.
- Xbox on Lumia 535 using an Xbox Live avatar and gamer profile.
- 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage.
- Microsoft Outlook email built-in.
Microsoft also announced two special packages for new consumers across all Lumia smartphones. All Lumia devices running Windows Phone 8 onwards (from Lumia 520 to Lumia 1520) will be available with the option of an additional cloud storage of 1TB on OneDrive for Business at a price of Rs. 799 per annum.
The Office 365 Business Premium package will be available to all new Lumia buyers at Rs. 2499 per annum. Lumia buyers opting for this package will get one licence, to be used on a total of 15 devices i.e., 5 PCs (Windows / MAC), 5 Tablets (Windows / iPads) and 5 Smartphones (Windows / iOS / Android).