New Delhi, September 16 2014: The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions of the Government of India has launched an 'Online Certificate Course on RTI' for various stakeholders. The Course is launched in association with the Centre for Good Governance, Hyderabad.
A shorter 7-Day Online Certificate Course (English) has recently ben added in addition to the original and 15-Day Online Certificate Course (English).
While the 7-day course will be introductory in nature, the 15-day course will be extensive and with a hands-on orientation whereby candidates will have to practically apply the RTI Act during the course. The 15-day course will be based on the principle of "learning while doing". The course(s) are useful to both government employees and common citizens.
Salient Features of the seven-day Course
1. The online course is meant for seven days.
2. It is open to citizens of India.
3. As an online course it can be accessed from anywhere with a computer and an internet connection. The course is open 24 X 7 hours for whole 7 days.
4. Anyone interested in taking up this online course can visit http://rtiocc.cgg.gov.in and register for the course. S/he on successful registration will be allotted a user-id and password to log in to access the course. The seven day time will be counted from the day on which a candidate first accesses the course. For example, if you access the course on 01.01.2013 you can access the course up to 2359 hrs. of 07.01.2013.
5. The 7-days course is divided into 7 chapters. At the end of each chapter there will be 4 chapter-end quiz questions. A candidate has to answer at least 3 questions correctly in order to be able to move the next chapter.