Bangalore February 3, 2014: “India is poised on the cusp of an ESDM revolution, one that promises to catapult the country to an electronics and semiconductor powerhouse supported by the untiring efforts of our brethren in government, industry and academia", said India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) Chairman Sanjeev Keskar, here today.
He was speaking soon after the announcement of the Technovation 2013 Awards dsurinf the 9th IESA Vision Summit in Bangalore. "The Awards are but a small token of our appreciation recognizing the unparalleled achievements of the awardees in furthering innovation and development of the domestic Electronic and Semiconductor Design and Manufacturing industry" Keskar added.
Winners of the Technovation 2013 Awards:
IESA Technovation Sarabhai Award
• P.N. Dhoot, Director, Videocon Group of Companies
Most Innovative Product (total 4)
• Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Mohali
• National Aerospace Labs. (NAL), Bangalore
• Terminus Circuits Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
• Redpine Signals Inc., Hyderabad
Most Promising Startup Company (total 2)
• Evolute Systems Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
• Silab Tech Pvt Ltd., Bangalore
Best Electronics Manufacturing Company (total 2)
• Bosch Automotive Electronics India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
• Skanray Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mysore
• Prof Arun N Chandorkar, Chair Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, Mumbai
• Dr. G Venkatesh, Chair Professor, Dept of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras and Chief Technology and Strategy Officer, Sasken Communications Technologies
• Dr. Marshnil Dave, PhD Thesis, IIT-Bombay; and Senior Analog Design Engineer, Marvell Semiconductor, California, USA
• Dr. Chandan Karfa, PhD Thesis, IIT-Kharagpur; and Senior R&D Engineer, Synopsys India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
Two independent juries, one each for the Industry and the Academic awards, arrived at the decisions.