Bangalore, May 8, 2013: Asia’s largest IT trainer, NIIT, has launched a ‘Cloud Campus’, initiative for making available new-age skills, to students across the breadth of the country. NIIT aims to offer over 100 courses across 300 locations by the end of 2013, thus enabling a coverage of over 500,000 students by 2014. NIIT will offer training programs in IT, Banking, Global Finance, Management, Digital & Social Media Marketing, through Cloud CampusT with innovative learning features.
The Cloud Campus harnesses the power of Cloud technology to provide unique features – such as
• Cloud Classroom – where students can interact and learn from not only the at-location faculty, but more importantly from expert faculty from wherever they are.
• Cloud Courseware – the digital and dynamic courseware enables students to make notes, highlight and review at their convenience.
• Anywhere Lab – providing 24x7 access for hands-on practice on their devices.
• Lesson on Demand – ensuring that students don’t have to miss a lesson, even if they miss a class.
• Online Assessments – enabling students take practice tests besides taking industry-level assessments.
• Buddynet Learning – a learning feature that enables collaboration with other students as well as expert faculty, thus making learning lot more fun.
Says Rajendra S Pawar, Chairman, NIIT: “NIIT will usher the next revolution in education through Cloud Campus.”
Adds Vijay Thadani, Chief Executive Officer, NIIT Ltd. said, “Cloud is undoubtedly the future of learning. NIIT will empower the youth of the country by providing new age skills in domains across IT & emerging technologies, Banking, Global Finance, Management, Digital & Social Media Marketing.”
Please see our video on the home page for an explanation of Cloud Campus