Bangalore, June1 , 2014: Now that the heat and dust of the Indian general elections has settled, we can sit back and look at the event -- sartorially! And surprise, surprise, Narendra Modi, wins that one too.
A fashion poll conducted by online high style seller Myntra.com (http://www.myntra.com) concluded that the new Prime Minister had the best dress sense among key politicians in the fray.
Politicians surveyed include: Manmohan Singh, Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal along with younger politicians such as Rahul Gandhi, Sachin Pilot, Omar Abdullah, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Akhilesh Yadav.
While Narendra Modi tops the survey on multiple parameters including the ‘Best Dressing Sense’ category, his political rival Sachin Pilot has been voted as the most stylish and exuberant politician.
- 76% people polled, agree that Narendra Modi looks elegant in Indian kurta-pyjama while Shashi Tharoor (41%) looks the most tasteful in a James Bond styled 3-piece suit
- 31.3% of the respondents believe the stylish Sachin Pilot can give models a run for their money
- While 36.7% respondents feel Narendra Modi looks younger than his age due to his dressing sense, Sonia Gandhi came a close second with 31.6% of votes
- Narendra Modi was again seen leading in the ‘Best Dressing Sense’ category with Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia following him in second and third spots, respectively
- Talking about colors, respondents seem to think that ‘White’ looks most elegant on Manmohan Singh while ‘Black’ suits Shashi Tharoor the best.
Leading fashion portal Myntra was acquired by FlipKart soon after this poll was published.