Bangalore, September 17, 2016: Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) n collaboration with global technology company, ThoughtWorks, has launched the BLR Airport app
The airport app includes a number of useful features to help simplify the passengers airport experience. Customers will find the BLR Airport app easy, engaging and simple to use. The navigation provides an intimate interface with real-time flight information and commercial offerings. Available on iOS and Android platforms, the app is designed to provide customers with the best of airport navigation powered by Google Indoor Maps (the first Indian Airport to use Google Indoor Maps), context-specific operational and commercial notifications powered by beacon technology deployed by leveraging leading industry standards.
ThoughtWorks, undertook a detailed study of 14 leading airport apps, to ascertain the most powerful features for the ‘BLR Airport’ app. The key features of the app which is aimed at giving travelers an ‘airport in their pocket’ experience allows flight tracking, provides timely updates related to flights and gates, shares special Retail and F&B offers. For Android users they get an additional feature of one touch WiFi connectivity.
In the first phase the features of the app include:
- Flight information and Flight tracking- offers real-time flight status updates
- One-touch WIFI connect – No repeat input of OTP and user-details, the details once shared as a first time user, will connect a passenger to Wi-Fi automatically when at the airport
- Navigation with Google Indoor Maps- Easy navigation through the airport using the Google Indoor Map feature
- Must Try (F&B) and Must Buy (Retail) – Experience the airport retail and F&B
- Contextual notifications, powered by Beacons – Receive relevant notifications based on your location
- Feedback – Allows user to share feedback about their airport experience using the BLR Airport app
In June 2016, BIAL introduced a Twitter hashtag #Flightstatus an automated notification feature that allows passengers to receive flight status on their social channel