New Delhi, August 18, 2015: MakeMyTrip.com has done something that the Indian government should have -- created a train-booking app that supports search and booking in 5 languages, (besides English) - Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malyalam and Gujarati.
MakeMyTrip is the only OTA in India to offer this service. This follows its vernacularization efforts that began last year with India’s first flight-booking service in Hindi on mobile. The flight-booking service will also be extended to other vernacular languages such as Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam this year.
Says Anshuman Bapna, Chief Product Officer, MakeMyTrip.com:, “We are committed to using Technology to make the travel-purchase experience more convenient and delightful for travellers. Customized content, in language of preference, is the next-step towards creating customer-delight through Technology. Continuing with our mobile-first approach, we have introduced these features on the mobile app to reach out to a large majority of travelers for whom mobile now the preferred device to search, plan and book travel. Additionally, we have introduced features that provide more value and benefit to customers, such as return-booking facility which is currently not available on any mobile-app.”
Rail-booking trends from non-metros (on MakeMyTrip):
· Rail-bookings from non-metros in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Gujarat contribute to over one-third of total rail bookings for MakeMyTrip
· Mobile bookings from non-metros in Gujarat surpass desktop bookings
· Share of online rail-bookings from non-metros from Kerala is the highest among other travel-bookings (such as Flights, Hotels and Bus bookings) in the state.
Features of MMT Rail Booking App
- Enables booking of General and Tatkal quota train tickets on all routes in India
- Only rail-booking app that enables return-ticket bookings (one-way tickets also available)
- Only rail-booking app to offer content-support in 6 languages
- App provides information on trains from nearby stations, if no trains are available from the boarding station selected by the passenger
- Railway stations across Indian are available on MakeMyTrip’s train booking app powered by IRCTC
- Other services include enquiry of fare details, PNR status, seat availability, selection of berth preference and safe & secure online payment
The app is available for download at http://bit.ly/1gJorhv