New Delhi, July 30, 2015: Six months after first unveiling key elements,Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its Windows Operating System, naming it Windows 10.
And surprise, surprise! A company, generally not been great at giving away things for free, has decided to help all existing owners of legal versions of last two editions -- Windows 7 and 8 -- to upgrade to the new edition for free! This is not quite automatic but will be done in batches to prevent download problems. More information on free upgrade options can found at http://www.windows.com/upgradeyourworld.
The new Windows also differs in being more like Software as a Service kept automatically up-to-date with innovations and security updates. Windows 10 promises a seamless single experience across multiple contemporary platforms -- including PCs, laptops, tablets, phones, Raspberry Pi, Xbox One even HoloLens, Microsoft's new Virtual Reality device.
Windows 10 is designed to work with Office and Skype and allows you to switch seamlessly between apps. It comes with some new tools:
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant, makes it easy to find the right information at the right time.
- The New Microsoft Edge browser replacing hardy veteran Internet Explorer
- An integrated Xbox app
- Built-in apps including Photos; Maps; Movies & TV
- A new music app, Groove
- OneDrive, for Cloud storage of your files. -- useful if your device has no hard drive.
- Microsoft Phone Companion app which enables iPhones, Android or Windows phones to work seamlessly with Windows 10 devices.
AND a new Office Mobile app for Windows 10 tablets for work on-the-go, with Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps.
For larger platforms, a new Office desktop (Office 2016) is in the offing.
Please await our detailed appraisal of the new OS