With the increase in the number of employees using mobile devices, increases the need for support for these devices. It became crucial for the businesses to evolve themselves as per the upcoming technology trends. Enterprise mobility not only provides employees with great convenience but also saves cost.
By Ritesh Patil, co-founder of Mobisoft Infotech
December 11 2018: Mobile computing has become an inseparable part of everyone’s lives today. From students to CEOs, everyone is using their mobile devices to make the process more streamlined. Corporate people or say professionals are looking way to use their devices in order to improve their work-related tasks.
With the emergence of Enterprise Mobility services, there is a simultaneous increase in the demand for MMS, managed mobility service. MMS let employees access to the business resources with their mobile devices rather than personal computers. As enterprises are allowing information to be accessed by the private network, the need to manage such personal information increases too. Here MMS plays a crucial role in helping IT departments get the support they need to manage the company’s sensitive information.
Why Enterprise Mobility
Before delving into how to manage enterprise mobility, it is necessary to understand why it is necessary and how it is beneficial for the organizations.
With the increase in the number of employees using mobile devices, increases the need for support for these devices. That’s why it became crucial for the businesses to evolve themselves as per the upcoming technology trends. Enterprise mobility not only provides employees with great convenience but also saves cost.
Let’s have a look at the importance of enterprise mobility and how it can benefit organizations.
1. Managed Mobility Services
Managed mobility comprises obtaining, deploying, and managing applications, software, and mobile devices that connect employees or resources to the enterprise environment. The rapid adoption of the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy, the need for device management has also increased, as the company’s confidential data is also shared via these devices.
Managed Mobility services help IT dept. to make sure that the application and data are completely secured irrespective of the device and location where they are being used. Mobility service provider offers a wide range of solutions and services for the client’s entire mobile environment.|
2. Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Mobile device management is a key element of mobile management services. It enables businesses to monitor, manage, as well as secure the used mobile devices. In addition to that, this service also ensures that the mobile apps and data accessed by the employees are properly secured.
3. MMS with different mobility scenarios
With the increasing number of mobile devices in the workplace, availing managed mobility services is no longer a choice, but a necessity for enterprises. Enterprises that have a large number of employees base and a complex setup should procure It service company to manage their mobility needs and assist their IT departments.
4. Value of managed mobility
Even if gets heavy on the pocket for enterprises to avail this service, the value it returns is totally worthwhile. Managed mobility service helps organizations resolve the challenges and complexities associated with mobility and also provides support to IT dept. Moreover, it also ensures the security of the company’s crucial data and applications. It increases the employees’ productivity as they can use the device any time anywhere they need.
5. Services available on the contractual basis
Managed mobility service is also available on a contractual basis. In order to get this service, you can connect with some skilled service provider and negotiate with them on contracts. Discuss everything with them from best terms and conditions to the pricing and budget. Before closing the deal, ask the managed mobility service provider to connect with your IT team for better understanding.
There are 3 parts of managed mobility services in Enterprise
1. Mobility Strategy is the first segment of enterprise mobility management. Here are some points to consider while creating a mobility strategy.
- Focus your business objective on mobility
- Have a clear vision. Define your business goals properly from start to end.
- Ensure that you have end-to-end security strategies.
- Determine what information people would need on their mobile device?
- Analyze how employees work in an organization and which is the most suitable place to invest your mobility solutions effectively.
- Lastly, identify the processes and resources that are necessary to mobilize all these roles.
2. Mobility Solution: Secondly, provide a mobility solution to the enterprises that will be aligned with the complexities arising from various platforms, delivery channels, and devices. In order to achieve this, here are some points to consider,
- Ask your enterprise mobile application development provider to offer solutions to support new OSs and platforms.
- Manage all Operating System including Android, iOS, and Windows 8.
- Try to create apps in multiple operating systems.
- Once the app is created, implement an update as well.
3. Mobility Management is an important function of Enterprise mobility management. Here are some points that need to be considered:
It is used in the administrative arena. Here, you can deploy, manage, and secure mobile device, monitor, and integrate such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets in the workplace.
MDM can help enterprises reduce costs and risks.
Deployment Options: It is necessary to have a cloud deployment option in businesses. You have an option to change your deployment setting as per the business requirements.
Mobile Operations Management: You can make quality service delivery in the mobile operation management. You can also delight customers with the mobile app.
Advantages of Enterprise Mobility
- Portability and Availability: Option to use the mobile device anywhere, anytime.
- Sharing: Option to share data as well as screens to other employees easily.
- Real-time Capture data: improve data accuracy through business intelligence and process improvement in real-time.
- Device Ownership: You can enable access to corporate systems through employees’ mobile devices.
Let’s have a look at some statistics that shows the need and significance of enterprise mobility:
- More than 70% of global enterprise workforce has mobile workers
- Around 80% of employees access the official documents from outside the workplace
- 50% workers feel that they don’t have to be in their desk to be productive
- Around 75% of companies have observed a significant amount of productivity after deploying mobile apps
- 80% of employees have improved their ability to do tasks after using personal devices in the workplace.
- Around 50% of tablet and smartphone users printing and this stat is expected to grow in the upcoming future.