HTC EVO 3D: Capture, view, send 3-D with your mobile phone – without glasses
HTC Corporation has unveiled the HTC EVO 3D in India -- providing the ability to capture , view and share 3D imagery.
Built with the Gingerbread (2.3) version of Androi, HTC EVO 3D features the first QHD 3D 4.3-inch display and a powerful 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor. HTC EVO 3D also features dual 5 megapixel cameras, which can be used to capture 3D images and videos, opening up new frontiers for user-generated content, social networking and streaming video.
"We are proud to collaborate with Qualcomm to present another technological breakthrough device from HTC, the EVO 3D-the first smartphone available in the Indian market offering a superior 3D viewing experience without glasses. We are confident that the HTC EVO 3D will set a benchmark for 3D viewing and our consumers will make best use of this offering," said Faisal Siddiqui, Country Head, HTC-India".
As 3D has become more sought-after in both movie theatres and family rooms, the ability to enjoy glasses free 3D on a wireless phone will change the way customers interact with their devices. According to The NPD Group's 3D 360° Monitor (September 2010), consumers show a high degree of interest in working with personal media in 3D (with one-third saying they would like to take photos in 3D)
Some of the ways customers can leverage the HTC EVO 3D's dynamic ability to capture and playback video in 3D :
- Real estate agents can create and share 3D virtual tours of homes that let out-of-town buyers "walk through" the house and truly experience the listings before they can see them live;
- 3D mapping of terrain will help build new and exciting features for navigation, and hikers will be able to get aerial views of the topography of rivers and mountains while in the backcountry; and
According to ABI Research (Dec. 20, 2010) mobile 3D devices will be driven by three key applications: creation of user-generated 3D content by integrated video and still cameras, playback of 3D content and 3D gaming. It also anticipates that mobile devices may turn out to be the most successful form factor towards bringing 3D technology into mainstream markets.
With integrated 3D HD (720p) video capture and the latest version of the acclaimed HTC Sense experience, HTC EVO 3D makes it possible to become part of the action and then easily and seamlessly post high-quality video to YouTube™ or Facebook, or share moments in real time over the Internet live, via Qik. Its integrated DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) capability makes it fast and easy to share stored music, pictures and user-generated HD video wirelessly with other DLNA-certified® home electronics, including HDTVs, monitors, digital cameras, printers and more. Using an HDMI cable (sold separately) makes it possible to also share user-created 3D video content via a 3D TV.
Additional key features of HTC EVO 3D include:
• 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
• Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, Google Calendar, Voice Actions, and YouTube™
• Corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP and IMAP) e-mail and instant messaging