Bangalore, March 24 2015: Indian innovation is driving Avaamo, a secure mobile messaging app designed specifically for today's global the mobile workforce, said to be 1.2 billion strong.
It combines a good user experience with security, data protection and administration features required by enterprises. Created with the intent to ease business communication for the mobile worker, who is taking decisions in real time, Avaamo addresses daily work communication across several industries including BFSI, Travel, Aviation, Construction, Medical Services and Retail. Currently, over 3000 business entities in India are using the free Avaamo messaging app.
Said Ram Menon, Founder and CEO of Avaamo, in Bangalore last week: "Messaging has become the killer app for the mobile business user" said "Voice is rapidly becoming a secondary mode of communication. India’s evolving mobile first workforce from CEOs to the salesmen out in the markets, need a secure private communications platform that is instant and delivers on company requirements of security, governance and administration. Avaamo's mission is to deliver a messaging platform that improves the productivity of today's mobile workforce and at the same time addresses unique needs of Indian enterprises and Indian Mobile market conditions.”
Popular features of the Avaamo app include:
- Instantaneous: All messages are delivered with a sub-second latency anywhere in the world.
- Private and secure: All messages are encrypted. The ‘off the record’ mode offers an additional layer of security by combining enterprise class encryption with the option to make messages ephemeral and disappear after a defined time period.
- Corporate vs. Personal phone directory: Company contacts are stored in a separate secure tab, ensuring that work-related individuals are entirely separated from personal contacts.
- Open beyond the App: Business communication often happens with customers/suppliers/partners; all outside of a company eco system. Avaamo is the 1st business messaging application that lets you have secure two way messaging inside and outside your company.
- Integrated via open API: The API allow integrations with business applications to route important notifications to the user.
- Expressive: Avaamo lets you inject personality into conversations with unique business-related emoticons.
- Enterprise Ready: For enterprise admins, an admin console offers granular control on users, data, security and access.
Avaamo can be downloaded on iOS from the App store and on Android in Google Play. The parent company is based in Silicon Valley USA and in Bangalore