Bangalore, October 4, 2011 – Leading web-based jobs and career service, Monster India , has launched a professional networking app designed to allow Facebook users to establish a professional network on the platform, focussed on India. Using BeKnown, as it is called, users can seamlessly identify and connect with friends and professional contacts from multiple sources and grow their professional network, enhance their online professional identity and discover enriching career opportunities.
Says Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com (India/Middle East/ South East Asia): “The launch of BeKnown is another extension of our commitment to meet the evolving needs of job seekers and employers by adding professional networking to their online recruitment, job search, and career management toolkit. Monster India provides Facebook users a powerful professional networking experience through a platform that showcases their professional brand, features career updates and advances their career goals while keeping personal and work-related content and interactions completely separate.”
Today, more than 750 million people globally live their lives through Facebook, while 97% of the Fortune 500 companies turn to Monster to find a powerhouse of talent. In India, there are over 35 million users who are active on Facebook.
With BeKnown, users on Facebook can now: • Create professional networks within an environment created by Monster without ever leaving Facebook
• Easily invite contacts from other social networks to expand their BeKnown network beyond their existing Facebook friends
• Keep social activity with friends and family separate from work-related activity with professional contacts
• See who among their professional contacts on BeKnown is connected to a company or job opportunity they are interested in
• Connect professional networking to Monster’s job search and browse tools and import their Monster profile to BeKnown from right within the app
For companies, BeKnown:
• Opens up a vast source of potential global talent on Facebook – Facebook’s estimated over 35 million Indian members span ages, income levels and ethnic groups
• Creates new recruitment-focused visibility opportunities and extends job posting reach in a high engagement environment
• Increases engagement opportunities with so-called passive job seekers, as BeKnown users follow company job and network activity
• Activates recruiter and employee networks as referral sources
BeKnown is now available for download at http://apps.facebook.com/beknown in 19 different languages, and is accessible by any Facebook user.
Monster India, started operations in 2001. Headquartered in Hyderabad, the company is present in 11 other cities of India. Oct 4 2011