Boulder Colorado ( US) – headquartered Data protection and backup leader Spectra Logic, has announced the India availability of the industry’s largest, most efficient enterprise tape library. The Spectra T-Finity library offers multiple, redundant robots, scaling to more than 45 petabytes in a single library and to more than 180 petabytes in a single, unified library complex. It is targeted at large enterprise IT, federal, high performance computing (HPC) and media/entertainment.
Key features include:
• Highest Density: At 72 terabytes per square foot, the T-Finity provides up to 70 percent higher density than competitive offerings.
• Most Scalable: Almost 200 percent more capacity and slots in a single library than leading competitors, the T-Finity scales to more than 30,000 slots in a single library and 120,000 slots in a single library complex.
• Delivers up to four nines (99.99%) availability through dual robotics, redundant control and communication paths, and multiple redundant components that increase uptime and support high exchange rate workloads.
• Most Power Efficient: Extremely efficient, the T-Finity tape library uses half or less of the power per unit of data stored as competitive offerings,minimizing power and cooling costs.
• Only enterprise-class library with a single management interface, the T-Finity uses Spectra’s BlueScale software to simplify administration, configuration, hot upgrades, security and local and remote reporting.
It was judged the “Green Product of the Year” award at the 2010 Storage Awards (Storries VII), held in London recently.
India contact: Sunny John Country Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Sep 22 2010