Runs from anywhere, USB drive or CD; works alongside other antivirus software.
Leading Information Security solutions provider, eScan, has announced the availability in India, of its Antivirus Toolkit version 12.x, a free download. While the earlier version provided only the option of scanning systems for infection, the new version 12.x, can also clean Malware infections.
eScan Antivirus Toolkit 12.x is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 2008 32 & 64-bit OS. It that enables you to scan and clean Viruses, Spyware, Adware and any other Malware that may have infected your computer. The eScan Antivirus Toolkit requires no installation and can be run directly from anywhere, on your computer, USB Drive or from a CD ROM. It can also be run even if you already have other antivirus software installed on your computer.
The eScan Antivirus Toolkit gets updated on a daily basis with the latest updates to detect recently release spyware and adware.
Features of version 12.x:
• Scans & cleans your computer completely and provides reports of any viruses that it finds.
• Checks and cleans all illegal dialers that are present on your computer.
• Checks and clears you of any background illegal sniffers or tools like spyware, adware, keyloggers etc. running in the memory of your computer.
• You can add this utility to the startup list of programs on your computer so that it scans and clean your computer every time you start using it.
• When you download this utility you will get it with the latest updated list of viruses that can scan and clean your computer for all known viruses.
• No need to install. Just download and run the eScan Antivirus Toolkit to scan for viruses.
Says Govind Rammurthy, CEO and Managing Director, eScan “ The eScan Toolkit Utility has been very popular as it provides the option to scan the computers for Malware without any installation required. As part of our brand consolidation strategy, we wanted to strength the eScan brand by bringing all our product offerings under the eScan brand and as part of that strategy, as we have changed the name from MWAV Toolkit Utility to eScan Antivirus Toolkit Utility. Also bowing to the constant request from our customers and partners, we have also provided the option to clean Malware in this new version. eScan Antivirus Toolkit users can now not only get to experience the superior scanning performance of eScan, but can also experience its award winning Malware cleaning technology. Users can also schedule a startup scan by adding the eScan Antivirus Toolkit to the Windows startup list of programs.”
eScan, which claims the distinction of being the world's first Real-Time Antivirus and Content Security software for desktops and servers is developed and marketed by MicroWorld
Link for download:
April 29 2010