Bangalore, January 12 2016: Seattle based Software-as-a-Service company for mobile marketing, TUNE and Indi-headquartered mobile advertising leader InMobi have joined to analyze how Indians interacted and used mobile apps as compared to other regions in 2015.
They came up with some interesting trends around app downloads and app usage by Indians for the last year.
· Mobile app installs increased by 129% in 2015 as compared to 2014 with shopping, entertainment and gaming apps being the top 3 installed app categories respectively
· Travel apps witnessed the fastest growth with installs increasing by 474% as compared to 2014
· Top mobile brands: Samsung, Micromax and Motorola were the most popular mobile brands in 2015
· Android is the preferred choice of platform among mobile users in India, with app installs growing 75% over 2014
· Indian consumers lead in utilizing the applications downloaded, double their app loyalty and engagement since 2014. An Indian user opens an app installed on an average 5 times within "a 14 day look-back window" as compared to the average open rate of 2 times in 2014
· India witnessed higher activity of installs in weeks leading up to Diwali- October to early November- followed by a 35% decline during the festive week
· India leads the growth in the mobile messaging app market- 47.4% over 2014 with 127 million users
· India leads the world in installing applications by clicking on an advertisement. Nearly 25% of all apps installed in India are the result of paid advertising